Friday, February 5, 2010

Ganges, Ghats, Ferry Rides and......











Well, I have always liked this place since the first time I came here, mostly because of the majestic Ganges & also because of the numerous ferry rides across it. Among the ghats I love the Shibpur one, firstly, because its not so busy...its not that crowded...secondly, I get to see the Vidyasagar Setu very closely...yes, its also close from the Princep Ghat end, but this end is crowded again.
Going a bit away from the topic I would like to share one more thing i.e though i love the ferry ride from Dakshineshwar to Belur Math, its just too good...i do not like the one from Belur Math to Dakhshineshwar...!!!...may be because of the route they take. In the former the major part of the journey is through the middle of the river, while in the later one they take the banks!!!
Here are a few pics when I went to the Shibpur Ghat with a friend of mind recently...again, it was awesome...well, please bear with me because the camera is not that good..its a mobile camera..Nokia 2MP....!!!....anyway,love you..!!

4 comments:

  1. bes sundor photography.....

    n one more thing...khub valo lagbe if u do a same thng with ur sandakphu experience....

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely pictures. I also have the same comment. What about Sandakphu?

    ReplyDelete